Celtic Bag for Casual Winter Walks...



Although original instructions presume to use this pattern for a pencil case, knitted with thin yarn, I made this little winter bag from thick yarn so my version turned out much bigger.

The cable motif resembles Celtic tradition.


Originally, the central cable motif is repeated through out the whole length of the bag, but I wanted to have different front and back sides, so I knitted the back piece in ribs, which is actually only the continuation of already formed K and P stitches. I kept the side cables, however, on the back side too like on the front.


The sides of the bag give it some fullness and a 3-dimensional look. They were knitted in shape of a triangle in moss stitch. I added the strap to the bag to be able to carry it over my shoulder - a few strands of yarn spun into a cord.


I especially liked the final touch of the finishing - knitted holders for the metal rings. They were knitted as the extension of the sides, they elegantly conceal the ends of the zipper, and beside that, the metal rings pulled through them serve to strengthen the strap.



The bag matches well with "Novi Hat" from my previous post.


A nice, sunny day was a great inspiration for taking photos, experimenting in GIMP, and a glass of smooth red wine I must admit...
 

Comments