White Bolero and Bordo Dress


A light, elegant cotton dress and a beautiful, soft woolen bolero for chilly summer days, knitted in the same pattern.


The pattern for the dress is on the site DROPS Design,
and the model is Dress in Safran and Alpaca.


I knitted the bolero using round needles No.5, with turns (rows, not rounds), and adding an extra stitch at the end, comparing to the original.
For this model you will need 100gr of wool for needles No. 3 - 4.
 

As the body of the piece widens from waist up, I added the my own lace motifs, which don't exist in the pattern for the dress.

Although it was made of wool, this bolero is transparent, lacy-light, and very pleasant to the skin. It is especially convenient for wearing over dresses with the open back.


Unlike the bolero, the dress is worked in rounds on a round needle, with 2 strands of thread/yarn.

However, I knitted my dress using one strand of my favourite thick cotton thread  "Helena", produced in Croatia. Because of that, I had to do a sample to check and adjust gauge.

 It is important to se mention that the dress stretches a little when worn, because of the thread weight. My dress was completed with 300gr of thread (100gr = 250m) - I made it a little longer than in the original, because I feel more comfortable in knee-length dresses


My good old friend and colleague Maria once said I could wear this dress at a Queen's tea party :) I absolutely agree with her, it really is special...


My compliments to the person who created this pattern, it is very simple to knit and, yet, so effective and elegant.

Comments